The Dixon Gallery and Gardens celebrates the edible style of gardening with vegetables, grains, fruits, flowers, and herbs used creatively in our border, in containers, along our arbors, and throughout our grounds. Incorporating edible plants in our landscape provides a feast for the senses as well as the table.
- Over 5,000 edible plants used in our landscape design
- Cultivars specifically selected for our climate
- 60% of the plants were seeded in our greenhouse
- No use of chemicals/commitment to sustainable production
- Harvesting from June into the fall
The edible garden is a natural extension of the Dixon’s commitment to educating our community by demonstrating sustainable practices in our designs. Our hope is to inspire and encourage our visitors through our displays.