1. In 1981, the Dixon gardens comprised seventeen acres. They still do.
2. At the start of 1985, the Dixon did not own a single piece of porcelain. By the end of the year, the bequest of Warda Stevens Stout added 600 works of eighteenth-century German porcelain to the collection. With Charlotte Hooker’s gift of English porcelain in 2008, the collection now numbers over 1000 objects.
3. In 1986, John E. Buchanan, Jr. succeeded Moussa M. Domit as Director...