Weddings at The Dixon
Elegant Wedding Venue in Memphis, TN
The Hughes Pavilion at the Dixon Gallery & Gardens offers couples an elegant and secluded space for wedding ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners in Memphis, TN.
The pavilion is a beautiful brick building with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer panoramic views of the gardens and it includes outside terrace space that allows your event to spill into the outdoors. A variety of garden locations serve as beautiful backdrops for wedding ceremonies.
Hughes Pavilion Capacity
Give us a Call
- The Hughes Pavilion inside space can comfortably seat 100 guests or can hold
125-150 guests for a standing reception.
- For additional space, the surrounding terrace may be
utilized to accommodate a maximum of 200 guests; guest lists of 200+ are not
encouraged and events that involve more than 200 people may be subject to an
additional fee to cover wear-and-tear on the space.
- The 30’ x 95’ terrace area can be tented to provide an indoor/outdoor facility, as well as protection from
the elements. The side terraces may be tented as well, but extra charges may
occur if tenting causes any damage. Tenting is not included in the rental pricing
and must be provided by an outside vendor.
Qualifications for Rental
- Membership at the $1000.00 Sustainer level is a requirement for rental of the Hughes Pavilion, due at contract signing, and it is considered part of the total rental fee.
- The $1000.00 Sustainer level membership fee is tax-deductable—the non-deductable amount is $111.00.
- In addition to membership, a $400.00 refundable deposit is required at the contract signing.
- The remaining balance of the rental fee is due 10 business days prior to the event, or it can be paid in increments in the months leading up to the event.
- The rental fee for a garden ceremony and reception is $5000.00 total (which includes the aforementioned $1000.00 membership fee), plus the $400.00 refundable deposit, for any twelve hours of time between 10:00am and 12:00am. The twelve hours includes time needed for set up and clean up.
- The rental fee for a reception-only or rehearsal dinner is $4500.00 total (which includes the aforementioned $1000.00 membership fee), plus the $400.00 refundable deposit, for any ten hours of time between 10:00am and 12:00am. The ten hours includes time needed for set up and clean up.
Included in Rental of Hughes Pavilion
- A rehearsal prior to the ceremony to last no more than two hours may be scheduled and it must end by 7:00pm and not interfere with any events going on in the Hughes Pavilion. Rehearsal time is guaranteed sometime in the week prior to your event, but not necessarily the day before your event.
- One photography session (engagement photos, etc.), outside of your event day, to be scheduled through the Rental Coordinator during museum operating hours.
- 100 banquet chairs and a selection of tables (for use inside and on Hughes Pavilion terraces only). We will set up our own equipment for you.
- Projector screen and AV cart (we cannot provide a sound system or projector).
- Full catering kitchen with warming oven, refrigerator, ice maker, sinks, and expansive prep. space.
- Parking and a parking lot security guard.
- Dixon staff member/manager-on-duty the day of the event (to monitor the event, direct deliveries, etc.). This person does not act as a wedding planner/coordinator.
- Membership at the $150.00 Young at Art Dual level is a requirement for use of a garden location for a ceremony and it is considered a part of the total rental fee.
- The $150.00 Young at Art Dual membership level fee is tax-deductable—the non-deductable amount is $81.00.
- In addition to the $150.00 membership fee, a $100.00 refundable deposit is required at contract signing.
- Pricing for a ceremony-only is $500.00 total (which includes the aforementioned $150.00 membership fee), plus the $100.00 refundable deposit, for any 3 hours of time between 10:00am and 8:00pm (or between 12:00pm and 8:00pm on Sundays).Use of the Hughes Pavilion is not included, but bathrooms will be provided. Extra time may be purchased for $100.00/hour.
- Ceremony-only events can only be booked 3 months in advance.
- Rental includes a rehearsal to be scheduled prior to the ceremony to last no more than one hour, and it must take place before 6:00pm. Rehearsal time is guaranteed sometime in the week prior to your event, but not necessarily the day before your event.
- You must provide your own chairs for the ceremony. No food or drink is allowed. Anything brought in for the ceremony must be removed immediately following the ceremony.
- Food and beverage service must be arranged through an approved caterer. In order to use a catering company that is not on our approved list, you or the caterer must give us copies of their up-to-date business license and certificate of liability insurance, and they must receive our catering guidelines and Hughes Pavilion guidelines. Parties may supply their own alcohol, but must secure an ABC-certified bartender to serve.
- Wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, and ceremony-and-reception events can only be booked up to a year in advance.
- The garden locations may not be tented for wedding ceremonies.
- In the event of inclement weather, we cannot guarantee indoor space for wedding ceremonies.
- The Dixon does not have a designated bride room/changing room for the ceremony.
More Information about Facility Rentals