Get to know the Dixon through a variety of museum and garden tours led by docents and staff.
To schedule a tour, please fill out the form to the right and a tour coordinator will contact you in the next 7 days.
Typically lasting thirty to forty minutes, these tours are designed to spark the interest of all visitors. The Dixon also provides opportunities for self-guided groups to independently explore the museum’s permanent collection and special exhibitions.
- Permanent Collection— Explore the Dixon's permanent collection of over 2,000 objects, including French and American Impressionist paintings and significant holdings of German and English porcelain.
- Current Exhibitions— The museum organizes and presents eight to ten exhibitions every year, the diversity of which appeals to visitors of all ages.
- Mallory/Wurtzburger—Memphis has a rich local art scene and the Dixon has devoted the Mallory/Wurtzburger gallery to quarterly exhibitions showcasing the area’s best and brightest talent.
Located on 17 acres, the Dixon gardens are a treasure of tranquility located in the heart of Memphis. The changing seasons serve to enhance our beautiful and architecturally diverse gardens.
- Arboretum Tour—The Dixon is a certified Level IV Arboretum and offers a wealth of beauty for tree enthusiasts.
- Blooms and Beyond Tour — Explore the latest blooms in the gardens, complete with plant identification and points of interest.
- Cutting Garden Tour—Perhaps, the most colorful location on the Dixon grounds, the cutting garden features the flowers used in the beautiful gallery arrangements and table settings for Dixon events.
- History Tour—Learn the fascinating history behind the creation and design of the Dixon gardens.
- Sculpture Tour— Discover the origin and significance of the ornamental sculptures that adorn the Dixon gardens.
- Top Ten Tour—The Top Ten Tour gives an overview of the gardens, focusing on the top ten things to see on the property.
Tours require advanced registration and a minimum of 10 individuals.
All tours are free with advanced registration.
- Educational groups (Preschool through Graduate School)
- Adults: $5/person
- Seniors: $3/person
- Dixon Discoveries: free
- Girl Scouts: $2/child
Additional Tour Information:
- The Dixon is wheelchair accessible throughout the museum.
- Lockers and coat racks are available, but, if possible, please leave backpacks on the bus.
- Group tours are 30-40 minutes long.
To schedule a tour, please complete this form. Tour requests will be processed once a week. Thank you for your patience.