Get to know the Dixon through a variety of museum and garden tours led by docents and staff.
Typically lasting thirty minutes to an hour, these
tours are designed to spark the interest of all visitors. The Dixon also provides opportunities for
self-guided groups to independently explore the museum’s permanent collection
and special exhibitions.
Collection— Explore the Dixon's permanent collection
of over 2,000 objects, including French and American Impressionist paintings
and significant holdings of German and English porcelain.
- Current Exhibitions— The museum organizes and presents eight to ten exhibitions every year, the diversity of which appeals to visitors of all ages.
- Mallory/Wurtzburger—Memphis has a rich local art scene and the Dixon has devoted the Mallory/Wurtzburger
gallery to quarterly exhibitions showcasing the area’s best and brightest talent.
on 17 acres, the Dixon gardens are a treasure of tranquility located in the heart of Memphis.
The changing seasons serve to enhance our beautiful and architecturally diverse
Dixon is a certified Level IV Arboretum and offers a wealth of beauty for tree
and Beyond Tour — Explore the latest blooms in the gardens, complete with plant
identification and points of interest.
Garden Tour—Perhaps, the
most colorful location on the Dixon grounds, the cutting garden features the flowers used in the beautiful gallery
arrangements and table settings for Dixon events.
fascinating history behind the creation and design of the Dixon gardens.
Discover the origin and significance of the ornamental sculptures that adorn the Dixon gardens.
Top Ten Tour gives an overview of the gardens, focusing on the top ten things
to see on the property.
require a minimum of 10 individuals.
- Educational groups (Preschool-Graduate
School): Free, with advanced registration
- Dixon Discoveries (with Art Project):
- Adults: $5/person
- Seniors: $3/person
- Museum hours are Tuesdays-Saturdays
10 am- 5 pm
- The Dixon is handicap accessible
throughout the museum and gardens.
- Tour groups are welcome to bring a picnic
for the gardens (weather permitting, as no indoor space is available).
- Lockers and coat racks are available,
but, if possible, please leave backpacks on the bus.
To schedule a tour, please contact Amanda Bjorklund, at email@example.com or (901)
761-5250 ext. 102.