Get to know the Dixon through a variety of museum and garden tours led by docents and staff.
Typically lasting thirty to forty minutes, these tours are designed to spark the interest of all visitors. The Dixon also provides opportunities for self-guided groups to independently explore the museum’s permanent collection and special exhibitions.
- Permanent Collection— Explore the Dixon's permanent collection of over 2,000 objects, including French and American Impressionist paintings and significant holdings of German and English porcelain.
- Current Exhibitions— The museum organizes and presents eight to ten exhibitions every year, the diversity of which appeals to visitors of all ages.
- Mallory/Wurtzburger—Memphis has a rich local art scene and the Dixon has devoted the Mallory/Wurtzburger gallery to quarterly exhibitions showcasing the area’s best and brightest talent.
Located on 17 acres, the Dixon gardens are a treasure of tranquility located in the heart of Memphis. The changing seasons serve to enhance our beautiful and architecturally diverse gardens.
- Arboretum Tour—The Dixon is a certified Level IV Arboretum and offers a wealth of beauty for tree enthusiasts.
- Blooms and Beyond Tour — Explore the latest blooms in the gardens, complete with plant identification and points of interest.
- Cutting Garden Tour—Perhaps, the most colorful location on the Dixon grounds, the cutting garden features the flowers used in the beautiful gallery arrangements and table settings for Dixon events.
- History Tour—Learn the fascinating history behind the creation and design of the Dixon gardens.
- Sculpture Tour— Discover the origin and significance of the ornamental sculptures that adorn the Dixon gardens.
- Top Ten Tour—The Top Ten Tour gives an overview of the gardens, focusing on the top ten things to see on the property.
Tours require advanced registration and a minimum of 10 individuals.
All tours are free with advanced registration.
- Educational groups (Preschool through Graduate School)
- Adults: $5/person
- Seniors: $3/person
- Dixon Discoveries: free
- Girl Scouts: $2/child
Additional Tour Information:
- The Dixon is wheelchair accessible throughout the museum.
- Lockers and coat racks are available, but, if possible, please leave backpacks on the bus.
- Group tours are 30-40 minutes long.
To schedule a tour, please complete this form. Tour requests will be processed once a week. Thank you for your patience.