Vow Exchanges at the Dixon
For those couples looking to host a small, intimate vow exchange, the Dixon Gallery & Gardens offers a vast collection of beautiful garden spaces.
From the small and intimate Formal Gardens to the shaded Woodland Gardens, and every leafy space in between, our grounds offer you a unique and lovely place to say “I do” in front of your closest family and friends.
- Total time not to exceed 1 hour.
- The couple is given a choice of garden locations. Selection will vary based on the weather and garden projects (mowing, watering, etc.).
- The group may have up to 15 people, including the couple and their officiant. Additional charges apply for guest lists over 15 people.
- The vow exchange must take place during museum hours. Any exceptions must be approved by the Rental Coordinator.
Pricing & Availability
- The total fee to reserve a garden space for a vow exchange is $275.00, including a required $125.00 Sponsor level membership, for one hour of time on property. No deposit is required.
- In the event of a cancellation, the full fee, except for the membership fee, will be refunded.
- Reservations are required and must be made at least three (3) days in advance. Payment must be made in advance and a signed agreement is required.
- When making your reservation, please include the date, time, number of guests, and preferred garden location(s).
- The couple may choose from any of our six wedding ceremony locations:
- Picnic Area
- South Lawn Stage
- South Lawn
- Venus Allée
- East Lawn
- Whispering Bench Allée
- The couple may use the Cutting Gardens, Council Ring, or other garden areas, pending approval by the Rental Coordinator.
- Food and beverages are not allowed.
- Music is allowed; musicians will count as part of the guest list. Music should be played at a reasonable volume.
- The Dixon cannot provide chairs, a podium, or other equipment. Any items brought in by the client must have prior approval.
- The Dixon cannot guarantee a private space, i.e. we cannot prevent museum visitors from walking through or near your space. We will inform guests about a vow exchange when possible, and we may post a sign to encourage visitors to explore an area other than your location, if possible.
- Group may use museum restrooms, but they do not have access to the galleries.
- In the case of inclement weather, we cannot provide an indoor space. The Residence Porch and small porch near the Stout Gallery are covered and either may be used as a vow exchange location.
For more information about Facility Rentals, click here.