Hours & Admission
- Tuesday - Friday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Third Thursdays: 10 am - 8 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 - 5 pm
- Museum & Gardens Closed Mondays
- Business Office is open Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
Special Admission Hours
- Tuesday: 10 am - 5 pm: Pay-What-You-Wish
- Saturday: 10 am - noon: Free, museum and gardens
The Dixon is closed on New Years Day, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. We will also close early at 2:00 pm on Christmas Eve.
View our photography policy here.
Dixon members are always admitted free of charge.
Exhibitions are always included with admission.
- Adults: $7
- Seniors ages 65 and over: $5
- Students ages 18 and older with ID: $5
- Children ages 7 - 17: $3
- Children ages 6 and under: free
- Educators with ID: free
- Groups with advance registration get a discounted rate. Please call (901) 761-5250 for pricing.
Bank of America - Museums on Us : First weekend of the month. Get free admission by presenting your Bank of America card every first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
We are the only museum in Memphis that offers the Museums on Us program and only one of two in the state of Tennessee.
The Dixon is a Blue Star Museum. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day, May 25, 2015 through Labor Day, September 7, 2015. - See more at: http://arts.gov/national/blue-star-museums#!TN
Location & Directions
The Dixon is located at the intersection of Park Avenue and Cherry Road in the heart of Memphis, Tennessee. From Interstate 240, take exit 18, Perkins Road, North exit. Drive approximately 2.5 miles to Park Avenue then turn left and proceed to the 2nd traffic light. The entrance is on the left at the traffic light.